Duchess of Cambridge, Windsor
Acquired by McMullens, a failed town pub directly opposite Windsor Castle, restored in 2011 at the same time as the Royal Wedding. This inspired the change of name to The Duchess of Cambridge, the first pub to be so named. McMullens decided that they wanted to bring some of their own heritage to Windsor. Much research was conducted in their archives and several copies made of period advertising posters. Large reproduction gilt sign written Victorian McMullen mirrors and an ‘antique’ oil-on-canvas portrait of Peter McMullen, founder of the brewery in 1827 were commissioned.
Copper bar, back bar, ice well, beer glass chandeliers and exterior coat of arms, swing sign, brass engraved pillars and sign writing to tie in with old McMullen advertisements were all part of the new look that we created and installed for our client.