Cholmondely Arms, near Malpas, Cheshire
Set in beautiful Cheshire countryside adjacent to Cholmondeley Castle, the Cholmondeley Arms was formerly a redundant village school dating back to 1862. Located on Lord Cholmondeley’s estate near Malpas in hunting, shooting, fishing and farming country – all very traditional.
The building was converted into a very homely, comfortable and welcoming village pub. Open fires, antique furniture and rugs with a contemporary twist using green oak and patinated zinc bespoke tables. Old school roller blackboards were used as menu chalkboards. The Headmaster’s house was restored and converted into six boutique bedrooms.